We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
As a volunteer, you might:
- sample water at streams around the watershed
- work with other volunteers on a river cleanup
- staff an event table on behalf of the Watershed Association
- take photos of sites around the watershed for use in publications
- survey dams and culverts
- advocate for watershed protection
- assist with office projects
To get started:
Check out the list below of our latest volunteer opportunities. Updated June 29, 2022.
Water Samplers Needed, May-Oct 2022
Join the Community Water Monitoring Network (CWMN) Team! Volunteers are needed annually to collect water quality samples at various sites throughout the watershed, as part of the CWMN program. Sampling occurs once a month, on the second Thursday, from May through Oct. Training is provided.
We always need backup or fill-in volunteers to sample on days when our regular volunteers aren’t able to.
If you or anyone you know might be interested in helping us out, please email Meghan Slocombe at Slocombe@neponset.org.
Invasives Cleanups (multiple events)
• Cooper’s Park, Norwood
Saturday, July 9
• Nathanial Fuller Wildlife Sanctuary, Canton
Saturday, August 6
• Pequitside, Canton, early October, date TBD
Please email NepRWA Environmental Scientist, Declan Devine for more info. at email@example.com
Help guide the development of NepRWA’s program work, connect NepRWA with new partners and plan for the future. NepRWA’s Nominating Committee is interviewing candidates to serve on our Advisory Council for 3-4 lively meetings per year.
For more information, contact NepRWA Executive Director, Ian Cooke, at firstname.lastname@example.org