Save the date!
Join us on Sat., July 14 from 10am-2pm as we celebrate the Neponset River and the beautiful parks and pedestrian paths along the shore, along with the natural salt marshes and wetlands that support more than 200 species of birds, fish and other wildlife.
This is a FREE, family-friendly, public event. We encourage you to bring a blanket and a picnic, and spend the day!
This year, we’re partnering with PADDLEBOSTON : NEPONSET RIVER to offer free kayaking from 10am-noon. In addition, there will be music, food, and children’s activities.
Interested in exhibiting, sponsoring, or volunteering? Please email Nancy Fyler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-575-0354 x307.
Check back often. This webpage will be updated as exhibitors sign up.
Entrance to the park is on Hill Top St. near Granite Ave.
If you’re driving:
There is limited parking at DCR Neponset Park. Additional (free) parking can be found less than a minute down the road at DCR Pope John Paul II Park, off of Hallet Street.
- From DCR Neponset Park, drive up Hill Top Street and take your first right onto Hallet Street. Drive under the highway and into the DCR PJPII parking lot.
- To get to DCR Neponset Park from the DCR PJPII parking lot, walk back down Hallet Street, take a left on the Greenway Trail, and the park is a 5 minute walk.
Taking public transportation:
Any bus or train that will get you to Mattapan or Ashmont is good, and you can transfer from there.
- From Boston: Take the Red Line (outbound) to Ashmont, then transfer to the Mattapan Line and take that one stop to Cedar Grove Station. The park is about an 11 minute walk from there.
- You can also take the 215 bus from Ashmont to Hilltop Ave @ Granite Street
- From Mattapan: Take the Mattapan Line to the Cedar Grove Station.
- From Quincy: Take the 215 bus to from Quincy Center bus stop to Hilltop Ave @ Granite Street
If you’re biking:
The Neponset Greenway Trail runs right thru DCR Neponset Park. (See map.)