Sat., July 14 from 10am-2pm
DCR Neponset II Park, Dorchester
Join us as we celebrate the Neponset River and the beautiful parks and pedestrian paths along the shore, along with the natural salt marshes and wetlands that support more than 200 species of birds, fish and other wildlife.
This is a family-friendly, public event. We encourage you to bring a blanket and a picnic, and spend the day!
Try out out a canoe or kayak, for free, courtesy of PADDLEBOSTON : NEPONSET RIVER.
There will also be music, food, children’s activities – and lots of fun and interesting people to talk to!
- 92.5 The River
- 96.9 HOT Boston
- Boomerang Bag Team
- Boston Public Health Commission
- Boston Solar
- Capriotti’s Food Truck
- Delphi School, Milton
- Liveable Streets
- LL Bean
- Mass Fisheries
- Neponset River Watershed Association
- New England Aquarium
- Perfectly Free Fruit Bites
- The Popcorn Man
- Trout Unlimited
- Zoo New England
Check back often. This webpage will be updated as more exhibitors sign up.
Thanks to our sponsors!
Presenting Sponsor ENE Systems, Inc. Special thanks also to Coldwell Banker and East Boston Savings Bank.
Interested in exhibiting, sponsoring, or volunteering?
Please email Nancy Fyler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-575-0354 x307.
Directions to DCR Neponset II Park
Entrance to the park is on Hill Top St. near Granite Ave.
If you’re driving:
There is limited parking at DCR Neponset Park. Additional (free) parking can be found less than a minute down the road at DCR Pope John Paul II Park, off of Hallet Street.
- From DCR Neponset Park, drive up Hill Top Street and take your first right onto Hallet Street. Drive under the highway and into the DCR PJPII parking lot.
- To get to DCR Neponset Park from the DCR PJPII parking lot, walk back down Hallet Street, take a left on the Greenway Trail, and the park is a 5 minute walk.
Taking public transportation:
Any bus or train that will get you to Mattapan or Ashmont is good, and you can transfer from there.
- From Boston: Take the Red Line (outbound) to Ashmont, then transfer to the Mattapan Line and take that one stop to Cedar Grove Station. The park is about an 11 minute walk from there.
- You can also take the 215 bus from Ashmont to Hilltop Ave @ Granite Street
- From Mattapan: Take the Mattapan Line to the Cedar Grove Station.
- From Quincy: Take the 215 bus to from Quincy Center bus stop to Hilltop Ave @ Granite Street
If you’re biking:
The Neponset Greenway Trail runs right thru DCR Neponset Park. (See map.)
Thank you to our presenting sponsor, ENE Systems, Inc. of Canton, MA.