In the upper left corner of the Hotspot map, you will see icons which provide features such as a legend, among others.
- Clicking on the legend will show you three different symbol shapes:
- The circle symbols represent testing that was done on water discharging from outfalls.
- The square symbols are for samples taken directly from a stream.
- The diamond symbols are places where we measured dissolved oxygen.
- The color-coding from green to red indicates areas where the data has come back as clean, suspicious, or problematic.
- Right below the icons are buttons to zoom in and out of the map.
- The home button takes you back to the default view.If you click on a particular point on the map, a pop-up will be displayed that lists the site’s town, stream, and description. It also shows a data table with the data collected for each point so far. You may need to use the scroll bar on the right side of the pop-up to view the data.
We will be updating this map as we collect more hotspot data and would love to hear suggestions on how we can improve it!
Email NepRWA Environmental Scientist, Chris Hirsch with questions, comments, and suggestions.
The Hotspot Map was created by Meghan Rauber, Field Sampling Coordinator, November 2016