Saturday, June 3 from 9 am-1 pm
DCR Neponset II Park, Dorchester
At the Corner of Granite Avenue & Hill Top Street, Dorchester
We’re continuing to plan this fun event and will update this web page on a regular basis. Check back often to stay up to date!
Join us along the Neponset River and the Greenway Trail as we celebrate our diverse communities — and the beautiful natural habitats and wildlife along the River.
This is a FREE, family-friendly, public event. We encourage you to bring a blanket and a picnic, and spend the day!
For more information and to volunteer, please email NepRWA Greenways Manager, Andres Ripley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- free canoeing and kayaking
- a spray deck – bring a bathing suit & towels!
- environmental exhibits
- food trucks & ice cream
The entrance to DCR Neponset II Park is on Hill Top St. near Granite Ave. in Dorchester.
If you’re driving:
There is limited parking at DCR Neponset Park. Additional (free) parking can be found less than a minute down the road at DCR Pope John Paul II Park, off of Hallet Street.
- From DCR Neponset Park, drive up Hill Top Street and take your first right onto Hallet Street. Drive under the highway and into the DCR PJPII parking lot.
- To get to DCR Neponset Park from the DCR PJPII parking lot, walk back down Hallet Street, take a left on the Greenway Trail, and the park is a 5 minute walk.
Taking public transportation:
Any bus or train that will get you to Mattapan or Ashmont is good, and you can transfer from there.
- From Boston: Take the Red Line (outbound) to Ashmont, then transfer to the Mattapan Line and take that one stop to Cedar Grove Station. The park is about an 11 minute walk from there.
- You can also take the 215 bus from Ashmont to Hilltop Ave @ Granite Street
- From Mattapan: Take the Mattapan Line to the Cedar Grove Station.
- From Quincy: Take the 215 bus to from Quincy Center bus stop to Hilltop Ave @ Granite Street
If you’re biking:
The Neponset Greenway Trail runs right thru DCR Neponset Park. (See map.)