Join Greater Boston Trout Unlimited (GBTU) and the Neponset River Watershed Association (NepRWA) for the Embrace-A-Stream Trout Project! Plan to get your feet wet!
Monthly Habitat Assessment Team Members
- Visit between 2 and 4 stream sites monthly between April and September.
- Volunteers will record habitat features at their sites, such as stream depth, width, habitat type, and canopy cover, among others. Additionally, during the April site visit, volunteers will deploy a temperature logger. At the following visits, they will download the data via Bluetooth.
- Volunteers must have a smart phone that can download the HOBOMobile app, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Volunteers must be able to bushwhack and/or wade in a stream (we can provide waders if needed).
- Half to full day commitment depending on your availability. Preference will be given to volunteers who can commit to volunteering once a month April to September though it is not required!
- Training will take place in early April.
For more information and to sign-up please contact NepRWA Environmental Science Fellow, Declan Devine, at email@example.com, or GBTU board member, Chris Hirsch, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us whether you are available on weekdays or weekends, and whether you can commit to half or full days.