This year’s spring cleanup is a unique collaborative effort across the Neponset River Watershed. Although you may be separated from other volunteers, you can make a difference on your own. Every bit of trash and plastic that you pick up helps our waterways, parks, and wildlife.
Please maintain social distancing protocols during your cleanup. Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Register below. (Registration helps us keep track of cleanup sites.)
- Clean up locally. Stay near your home or take a look at our recommended sites below.
- Choose your date. Pick any time that works for you, from April 18-26.
- Wear gloves! We recommend that you sanitize your hands after taking your gloves off and then wash your hands again when you get home.
- Keep track of trash. Make an inventory list of what you picked up and share it with Kelly DiStefano at email@example.com Print out this inventory form to get started!
- Dispose of trash properly. We do not have trash pickup from DPW’s or DCR at this time. Please dispose of the trash that you collect with your curbside trash pickup.
- Take photos! Share pictures with us @neprwa on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #NeponsetCleanup NOTE: We love before and after photos of cleanup sites.
- Questions? Contact Kelly DiStefano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested cleanup sites. Please maintain social distancing at all sites!
- Neponset Riverwalk and Billings Creek Trail
- Neponset Riverwalk near Granite Ave
- Hemenway Pond, Milton
- Neponset Greenway Trail
- Canoe launch at Edgewater Drive
- Fowl Meadow, Meadow rd.
- Martini Shell Park
- Burma Trail parking lot, Brush Hill rd.
- Mill Pond, River St.
- Factory Hill, Town St including Kelly Field, the skating rink, the pool and the nearby Thompson Center.
- Truman Parkway
- Walnut St. near Fairmount T stop
- Sherrin Woods Urban Wild at Hyde Park/ Readville Line
- Windsor Woods Conservation Area
- Pequitside Farm
- Sharonites are encouraged to “Sponsor a Street” during the cleanup. The program is managed by William & Thomas Goloboy of the Sustainable Sharon Coalition. For more information, email them at email@example.com
This is a true watershed-wide effort! We can do this!
Can’t join us this time? Consider donating to help support future cleanups www.neponset.org/
Thanks to our sponsors!
Supporters and partners (past and present) of the Neponset River Cleanup include:
State Representative Angelo M. Scaccia | State Representative Dan Cullinane | City Councilor Tim McCarthy | Calvary Cares/Calvary Baptist Church | Friends of the Boston Harborwalk | Friends of the Hyde Park Library | Great Blue Hills Scouting District | GZA Geoenvironmental | Keep Hyde Park Beautiful | Live Blue Service Corps/New England Aquarium | MA Dept. of Conservation & Recreation (DCR) | James G. Grant Co. | Home Depot | Neponset Greenway Council | Norwood Trails Committee | Paddle Boston | Progress Norwood | State Street Asian Professional Alliance | Tecnu | Town of Milton | Wegmans