State of Our Waters Legislative Breakfast
Tues., March 31 from 9:45 am-1 pm
MA State House, Room 428
24 Beacon St., Boston
This is a great opportunity to speak with your legislators and help support healthy waters!
We will present successful community projects with state agencies to show the importance of prioritizing funding for watershed and environmental protection. You will have a chance to meet with individual legislators or their staff members after the presentations.
Last year, the Neponset River Watershed Association organized the largest community group to lobby legislators at the Massachusetts Rivers Alliance lobby day. Let’s again show legislators how important healthy waters are to our communities!
The schedule (subject to change)
- 9:45-10:15 a.m. Meet and mingle over coffee, tea, pastries and bagels
- 10:15-10:20 a.m. Introduction, Sara Grady, Ph.D.
- 10:20-10:35 a.m. Watershed association presentations (5 min. each)
- 10:35-10:50 a.m. State Senator Paul Feeney
- 10:50-11:05 a.m. Watershed association presentations (5 min. each)
- 11:05-11:15 a.m. State Senator Julian Cyr
- 11:15-11:25 a.m. Watershed association presentations (5 min. each)
- 11:25-11:40 a.m. Legislators in attendance address the group
- 11:40 a.m.-noon How to Visit Your Legislator, Kerry Snyder J.D.; organize to visit offices
- Noon-1 p.m. Optional small group visits to legislator offices