FREE Family Science & Fly Fishing Series
Sunday, Sept. 19 & 26
Sponsored by NepRWA and Greater Boston Trout Unlimited (GBTU)
You may have heard, fishing and especially fly fishing have taken off during the pandemic, well here is your chance to learn. Our two organizations are sponsoring a series of events over two Sundays to entice you to learn more about science, about fly fishing, and about us!
- Moms & Dads: bring your children* and a picnic (optional)
- NepRWA: supplies a scientist and water inspection gear
- GBTU: supplies instructor(s) and fly fishing gear
* The event is designed for parents and children (recommend 11 & older for the skill coordination, but all are welcome to observe) to team up and learn together.
Space is limited to a dozen families.
Session 1: Sunday, Sept 19
Location: NepRWA Office and Ponkapoag Pond. 2173 Washington St, Canton, MA 02021
- 9:00 am – check-in at NepRWA office/introduction to organizations
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am – meet an aquatic scientist & explore the water (test water quality and/or search for macroinvertebrates)
- 10:30 am – Noon – Snack & fly fishing clinic
- Prerequisite to Sept 26 Session
Optional: Explore the scenic Ponkapoag Pond Trail Loop (4+ mi/good for all skill levels. Be sure to check out the Ponkapoag Bog Boardwalk!)
Session 2: Sunday, Sept 26
Location: Hale Reservation, Westwood MA. Park at Cat Rock Field 80 Carby St, Westwood, MA 02090 – free parking; Event at Noannet Pond Beach
Practice your newly found angling skills, and maybe catch some fish (license required for 16 and over).
- 9 am-11ish fishing/followed by a BYO picnic
- Prerequisite Sept 19 Session & fishing license
Questions? Please contact NepRWA Outreach Director, Nancy Fyler at firstname.lastname@example.org