During these unprecedented times, we wanted to let you know that all of us at the Watershed Association are thinking about you, our members, volunteers, and friends.
Despite the rapid changes over of the last few days, the parks, trails and waterways of the Neponset River Watershed are still there for you to enjoy.
- Please take a hike, a bike ride, a paddle, and observe wildlife. As many of you know, nature is a source of peace, solace and healthy exercise.
- Check out our recreation page for suggestions on some of our favorite locations.
- Get a FREE Neponset River paddler’s guide and explore the river.
- Share your photos with us @neprwa #Neponset on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Wishing you good health during this stressful time!
NepRWA Staff & Events Update
Our office is closed with staff largely working remotely. Staff are available via their regular email or office voicemail.
More details are coming soon, but preliminary plans for upcoming programs include:
- The Neponset River Cleanup on 4/25 has been canceled and we are asking folsk to clean up locally around their homes, while practicing social distancing and wearing masks and gloves.
- Our Annual Meeting in May will be an online event, rather than the previously planned in-person event with guest speaker Lawrence O’Donnell. However, Lawrence has already agreed to return in 2021! We will follow up individually with those who have registered.
- Our Kayak Raffle is going strong. Please visit www.neponset.org/kayakraffle for more information and to purchase tickets.
- The outlook for RiverFest on 6/20 is uncertain at best, but it is far enough away that we will hold off on a final decision for the moment.
- We are incorporating social distancing into our volunteer water quality monitoring programs, and at this point, expect these programs will be able to continue.
If you have any questions about upcoming NepRWA events, please contact Nancy Fyler email@example.com or 781-575-0354 x307