NepRWA staff is working in partnership with Greater Boston Trout Unlimited (GBTU) to help save the Neponset River’s native brook trout, through a project called, Embrace-A-Stream. View video of the presentation here:
The goals of the Embrace-A-Stream project are to:
- Understand the health of our cold-water trout streams
- Understand how our trout are using their habitat
- Identify problems that need to be addressed
- Identify lands that need to be protected
- Track progress of our restoration efforts
The first phase of the project was completed in the summer of 2019, when we assessed all of the cold water road crossings for wildlife passage.
To learn more about the methods we used to assess our stream crossings, visit the North Atlantic Aquatic Connectivity Collaborative (NAACC) Website.