Join the NepRWA team and help make a difference in your community!
There are currently no positions open.
Water Samplers Needed, May – Oct 2020
Join the Citizen Water Monitoring Network (CWMN) Team! Volunteers are needed annually to collect water quality samples in Dedham and Norwood, as part of the CWMN program. Sampling occurs once a month, on the second Thursday, from May through Oct. Training is provided.
We always need back up or fill-in volunteers to sample on days when our regular volunteers aren’t able to.
If you or anyone you know might be interested in helping us out, please email Declan Devine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking Volunteers to Help With Brook Trout Project
We have partnered with Greater Boston Trout Unlimited to track the health of the Neponset River’s wild brook trout populations, and we could use some help!
Adopt-A-Logger Volunteer – FILLED
- Monitor 3-5 water temperature loggers in an assigned cold-water stream
- Visit temperature loggers once a month and download the data via Bluetooth
- Must have a smart phone that can download the HOBOMobile APP and have Bluetooth connectivity
Environmental DNA Sampler
- Will collect water samples following a strict protocol
- Must be able to bushwhack and/or wade in a stream (we can provide waders if needed)
- Must commit to 4 sampling dates: August 22, August 29 (if need be)
Details about the Brook Trout Project can be found here.
To volunteer for the Brook Trout Project, contact Andres Ripley at email@example.com