Sat., July 14 from 10am-2pm
DCR Neponset Park, Dorchester (at the corner of Granite Ave. and Hilltop St.)
Join us as we celebrate the Neponset River and the beautiful parks and pedestrian paths along the shore, along with the natural salt marshes and wetlands that support more than 200 species of birds, fish and other wildlife.
This is a family-friendly, public event. We encourage you to bring a blanket and a picnic, and spend the day!
- Paddle a kayak/canoe on the Neponset River—for FREE—courtesy of PADDLEBOSTON : NEPONSET RIVER.
- Explore a N.E. Aquarium Tidepool
- Have a WILD time with Zoo New England
- View marine critters with UMass Boston
- Attend a casting clinic w/ Mass Fisheries
- Talk to environmental/energy groups
- Visit with local businesses
- Raffle for fishing rod/reel and local gift baskets
- Climb a 28’ rock wall
- Play in the spray park
- Get creative w/ local artists
- Face painting
- Listen to great live music
- Sample yummy food
- Relax by the River
- 92.5 The River
- Boston ILL Harmonic
- Boston Public Health Commission
- Boston Public Library Bibliocycle
- Boston Solar
- Boston Water & Sewer
- Capriotti’s Food Truck
- Dan’s Lemonade
- Delphi School, Milton
- East Boston Savings Bank
- Greater Boston Trout Unlimited
- Healthy Homes
- Liveable Streets
- Mass Energy
- Mass Fisheries
- Mattapan Cultural Arts Development
- Mr. Kool Ice Cream
- Neponset Greenway Council
- Neponset River Ramblers Bluegrass Band
- Neponset River Watershed Association
- New England Aquarium
- Quirk Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM|Dorchester
- Resonant Energy
- Richie Parsons Band
- Rock Spot Climbing
- Ruby’s Ice Cream Truck
- The Popcorn Man
- UMass Boston
- Zoo New England
Directions to DCR Neponset Park
DCR Neponset Park is at 180 Granite Ave. and the entrance to the park is on Hill Top St.
Parking at Neponset Park is very limited. Free parking is available just a 1 minute drive up the street at McKeon Post or DCR Pope John Paul Park. To get to these lots, drive up Hill Top St. and take a right onto Hallet Street.
Taking public transportation:
Any bus or train that will get you to Mattapan or Ashmont is good, and you can transfer from there.
- From Boston: Take the Red Line (outbound) to Ashmont, then transfer to the Mattapan Line and take that one stop to Cedar Grove Station. The park is about an 11 minute walk from there.
- You can also take the 215 bus from Ashmont to Hilltop Ave @ Granite Street
- From Mattapan: Take the Mattapan Line to the Cedar Grove Station.
- From Quincy: Take the 215 bus to from Quincy Center bus stop to Hilltop Ave @ Granite Street
If you’re biking:
The Neponset Greenway Trail runs right thru DCR Neponset Park.
Interested in exhibiting?
Please email Nancy Fyler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-575-0354 x307
Want to become a sponsor?
Please email Dee Mullen at email@example.com or call 781-575-0354 x303
Thanks very much to our event partners and sponsors!