With thousands of acres of parks and open space, there’s more recreational activity going on in our Watershed than we can possibly list! Here are just a few suggestions to get you started…
- Hike some (or all) of the 12.7 mile Skyline Trail along the ridge of Blue Hills Reservation.
- Take a hike around Ponkapoag Pond Trail.
- Take in the views from the top of Signal Hill or launch a canoe into the Neponset River.
- Stroll through Bradley Estate and enjoy the elegant gardens.
- Visit an exhibit at MA Audubon Visual Arts Center and explore the grounds.
- Go for a stroll or fly a kite at DCR Pope John Paul II Park.
- Play in the splash park at DCR Neponset Park.
- Walk, run, bike, or rollerblade on the magnificent new DCR Neponset Greenway Trail.
- Launch a canoe at Milton Landing and paddle the Neponset Estuary.
- Check out the historic Baker Dam in Lower Mills.
- Explore 25 miles of trails at Mass Audubon’s oldest property, Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Walk 2 miles along the Quincy RiverWalk, from the Gazebo at Adams Inn to DCR’s Squantum Point Park. Both of these areas provide spectacular views of the estuary. Got to Marina Bay for refreshments!
- Stroll meandering pathways and cross artisan-built stone bridges at Bird Park.